BNSF Railway is one of North America’s leading freight transportation companies, with a rail network of 32,500 route miles in 28 states and three Canadian provinces. BNSF is one of the top transporters of the products and materials that help feed, clothe, supply and power communities throughout America and the world. BNSF moves those goods more safely and efficiently, on significantly less fuel, with fewer emissions than the all-highway alternative.
• In 2018, BNSF hauled 1.2 million carloads of agricultural commodities
• BNSF moves enough grain to supply 900 million people with a year’s supply of bread Consumer Products
• In 2018, 5.3 million intermodal shipments (truck trailers or containers) were transported on BNSF’s rail lines instead of on the nation’s congested highways
• A new car or truck is loaded/unloaded onto a BNSF automobile train approximately every 11 seconds
• BNSF has 1.3 million feet of track in intermodal facilities alone. If spread end to end, it would be the length of 9 ½ Boston Marathons
• In 2018, BNSF hauled 2 million carloads of industrial products
• In 2018, BNSF moved more industrial products railcars than the entire population of Nebraska
• BNSF hauls enough asphalt to lay a single lane road two times around the equator
• In 2018, BNSF hauled 1.9 million coal shipments
• BNSF hauls enough coal to power one of every 12 homes in the nation
Membership Level: Full Member
303 S. Garrard Blvd.
Richmond, CA 94801