- City of San Pablo
- Richmond (northern subdivisions)
- City of Pinole (designated sectors)
- El Sobrante
- East Richmond Heights
- Tara Hills
- Parts of the unincorporated county
We embrace technologies that promote energy efficiency in our operations and role as a community citizen:
Our efficient wastewater collection and treatment processes create clean, safe water for release into the San Francisco Bay or for reuse in heating/cooling buildings.
- We consistently meet regulatory requirements and customer needs through careful planning and ongoing preventive maintenance of our infrastructure (sewer pipes and systems throughout the District and all processes of our plant).
- Nearly one-third of the energy we use comes from solar power panels on our property. Methane gas is created as a by-product of our treatment process.
- Founded in December 1921 to protect and serve the public health of the community through the construction and maintenance of a sewer system.
- Service area covers 16.9 square miles.
- Operation includes sewage collection, treatment and disposal.
- District provides contract services to neighboring communities to maintain various local government facilities, and we participate in the West County Agency, a joint powers authority, for the purpose of maintaining effluent and sludge disposal facilities.
Membership Level: Full Member