EBMUD has a proud history of providing high-quality drinking water for 1.4 million customers in Alameda and Contra Costa counties. The District’s award-winning wastewater treatment protects San Francisco Bay and serves 685,000 customers.
To manage the natural resources with which the District is entrusted; to provide reliable, high quality water and wastewater services at fair and reasonable rates for the people of the East Bay; and to preserve and protect the environment for future generations.
The principles used in accomplishing this mission are:
- Exercise responsible financial management
- Ensure fair and reasonable rates and charges
- Provide responsive quality customer service
- Promote ethical behavior in the conduct of District business
- Ensure fair and open processes involving the public
- Provide a healthy work environment
- Promote diversity and equality in personnel matters and contracting
- Promote environmental, economic, and social sustainability