Richmond City Council Meeting – Tuesday 4/20
Mayor Butt did a great job of summarizing the events that took place at last nights City Council meeting. Following his comments, I added my summary.
1) Council voted 6-1 (Martinez) to defend both lawsuits related to Pt. Molate.
2) Richmond Peoples’ Strike passed with Bates and Butt voting no. According to McLaughlin it protects first amendment rights and holds elected officials and Biden accountable.
3) City Manager had difficult time getting Council to agree to additional meetings for budget, union contacts, bond measure, etc. Finally agreed to 5/1 at 1pm and second Tuesday for budget meetings.
4) Jimenez presented financial polices for the administration of the budget, however, there was no presentation or discussion. City Manager raised concerns, but council voted to pass resolution.
5) The city will receive $20.8M in federal funding for ARPA Stimulus money. The Richmond Progressive Alliance has reached out on Face Book to request recommendations as to how to spend the money.
Council of Business & Industries